A NAME RESPECTED WORLDWIDE
Our network is among the few organizations entrusted to use the Berkshire Hathaway name – a name representing strength, integrity, trust and universal respect. In turn, Berkshire Hathaway Commercial, and every advisor and office we work in, reflects those same values.
BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY COMMERCIAL offers knowledge leadership, a full platform of global, commercial real estate services and a proven track record for innovation and change management. Our client-driven professionals, who offer expertise in virtually every business sector and real estate class, will help you develop and implement real estate solutions that fully support your organization’s objectives and competitive position.
Our local market knowledge and best-practice global solutions are complemented by our unrivaled geographical reach and extensive service platform to ensure that each client benefits from the most targeted solutions and proprietary intelligence needed to achieve their specific needs.
Let Berkshire Hathaway Commercial demonstrate how you can realize new efficiencies and maximize your investment value through the customized application of our integrated global real estate services.
We are BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY COMMERCIAL, Commonwealth Real Estate.
Successful leasing is the foundation for creating value.
Our company develops comprehensive marketing strategies designed to achieve the highest possible rent while minimizing lease down time. Each plan is tailored to meet our client’s individual needs, and includes defining the client’s objectives, market evaluation, property analysis, target user identification and marketing plan development. We create and implement marketing campaigns to develop awareness in the market place and to attract the greatest user demand for the property. A successful leasing campaign ensures no missed opportunity and informed decision making.
We create value for our clients through our knowledge and experience in the local marketplace, through established relationships and by providing a comprehensive platform of exposure for each property.
Berkshire Hathaway Commercial has a successful track record providing aggressive tenant representation to corporations in a variety of industries with locations throughout the Greater Boston Area. Berkshire Hathaway commits to delivering services independent of any conflicts of interest – focusing strictly on the needs of tenants and owner-occupants of property.
Benefits of hiring Berkshire Hathaway Commercial
Having an exclusive agent insures that all of the many details of leasing property are attended to. There are many traps and pitfalls in the leasing process. There is a lot more to it than driving around with a cell phone and calling on signs. Documentation is critical and a good broker will create documents that accomplish the task with accuracy that are professionally prepared. One of the most important intangible assets a broker brings to a project is the quality of his business relationships. There are certain brokers with whom landlords and cooperating brokers like to deal and there are others whom they would rather avoid. A broker who does not have a solid history of delivering his side of the bargain will have a very difficult time in securing space for his client in the current market climate.
In leasing, the landlord pays brokers for the tenants they bring to the building. In Massachusetts most commercial real estate fees are paid as a function of the amount of square feet leased and the lease term. These fees are already built into the asking price. This is paid whether or not you have representation. The tenant’s broker does not have an incentive to keep the rental rates higher in order to earn a higher commission. No matter what the rent level, the tenant’s broker is usually paid the same amount. The only price to you is loyalty.
How Will a Tenant Representative Save You Money?
- The leasing process is generally complex. After labor costs, your investment in office space may be your most expensive line item and decisions you make will have an impact on your company’s profitability. The tenant representative is your guide through the process.
- Market knowledge is a key ingredient in which a qualified tenant representative can make a big difference. Having a grasp on asking rates versus deal rates and incentives available is important to make sure you get the best terms available.
- A qualified tenant representative understands the numbers and is able translate data into implications for your business advice on growth strategy within a particular building or market, for example. Tenant representatives are also able to perform financial analysis to help you select the most cost effective location.
- Expert negotiation skills are critical for a favorable outcome. Representation gives you subtle leverage during negotiations, informing the landlord that you are professionally represented and undoubtedly advised of alternative sites and comparable lease rates. As an added benefit, a tenant representative may know the temperament of a particular landlord and/or landlord’s representative, and recognize how far to push the negotiations without jeopardizing the transaction. This is a definite advantage when it comes to lease renewals, too.
- Familiarity with the documents is a must. Tenant representative have a working knowledge of the documents necessary to conduct the transaction. These documents include requests for proposal, letters of intent, lease agreements and work letters and vary from market to market. A tenant representative knows how to customize the documents to meet your needs.
Berkshire Hathaway Commercial has consistently achieved for our clients record-breaking results by locating unique opportunities to achieve their investment requirements on and off market. Our Investment Team carefully works to understand your need and the return that is required of your investment, then tirelessly seeks the proper asset to deliver the necessary return.
When hiring the Commonwealth team, you receive assistance to control the flow of accurate information. This is critical to assisting you in making quality business decisions whether it be writing or accepting offers. We will deliver the entire investment market in a clear and succinct fashion and filter out the noise that can confuse buyers and sellers, which can cause them to make less informed, potentially detrimental business decisions.
Global Team Work
At Berkshire Hathaway Commercial we work as a global team more effectively than any other brokerage company. We openly communicate and share information with each other on properties for sale and on all aspects of the economy that affect our client’s businesses. This is extremely unusual in a brokerage company. Typical agents will hoard and hide information; thereby harming there fellow agents and their clients. In contrast to this, our team has led to our clients continued success and an unparalleled volume of repeat business.
Experience At Your Service
Berkshire Hathaway Commercial agents are seasoned professionals with many years of experience selling investment properties. The average Agent in our office has over 10 year’s experience in brokerage. All our Agents are specialists in their field and market area. Because we specialize in investment analysis, we are more agile and better able to adjust to the market’s ever changing conditions. With every closing, we increase our pool of qualified buyers and sellers in the marketplace and we become more valuable to our clients. We are the most active and experienced brokers in New England and this magnifies our ability to service our clients.